Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Foodie Friday: Super Soups!

Dear readers, I apologise for the sporadic posting of late. I've been busy skiing, teaching yoga, skiing, and cooking yummy, hearty, fresh meals.

The old saying "you are what you eat" has never rung more true for me than now. My yoga practice has certainly played its part building my awareness to what I'm putting in my body. I also believe that my practice has made me more sensitive to "junk" and to foods that my body just doesn't tolerate, like wheat, which is of course a mixed blessing although a good thing overall.  Hmmmm. More on that some other time.

But now, back to the main event: some super yummy soups that are easy to make, use fresh ingredients, and will fill you with warm goodness on a cold winter's day.




1. Cream of Broccoli Soup with Coconut Milk, from the Gluten Free Goddess

A delicious, creamy soup that is gluten-free AND dairy-free? Be still my taste buds!  A bit of spice really livens up this soup and works so well with the coconut.



2. Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup, here at lcbo.com

This delicious soup is hearty, tasty, and mixes spicy and sweet in a surprising and delicious way!


3. Creamy Celery and Potato Soup, from The Daily Green

Well, I am a HUGE lover of celery so it goes without saying that I loved this blended soup.  It's fabulously creamy without using any dairy. I substituted veggie stock for the chicken, and voila!


Readers, what are your favourite soups to warm you up on a winter's day?


No comments:

Post a Comment